Ready to move to Michigan — but aren’t sure which city? Thinking about putting down some roots and buying a home in the area?
Although there is quite a draw to cities like Ann Arbor or Grand Rapids, don’t discount the surrounding area. Canton is growing community in the heart of southeastern Michigan with a population of just over 84,000 residents.
Want to know more? Here are several reasons to live in Canton, Michigan:
1. The U.S. News named Canton one of the best places to retire due to the low crime rate, performing arts center, golf courses, and location (between Ann Arbor and Detroit).
2. Canton is one of the best places to live, according to CNN Money. Cities were evaluated based on housing, financials, education, quality of life, leisure and culture, weather, health, and more.
3. Canton is in an ideal location — just minutes from Metro Airport and conveniently between Detroit and Ann Arbor.
4. Our neighborhood, Cherry Hill Village, is located in Canton with beautiful homes starting at $179,000. From the Township website:
Cherry Hill Village, located in the Cherry Hill and Ridge Road area, Canton’s charming neo-traditional neighborhood, is growing. Young families are flocking to the area that offers beautiful homes, seasonal farmers markets, outdoor concerts, a safe and friendly atmosphere and more.
Check out this infographic about Cherry Hill (courtesy of the Township website):
The Village Theater at Cherry Hill shines at the center of town. The 400-seat venue attracts acts of all kinds, including stand-up comedy, musicals and drama, as well as art exhibits and a variety of local productions. The Village Theater draws over 45,000 patrons annually to Cherry Hill Village.
6. The Canton Farmer’s Market features local vendors and farmers with loads of fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods, eggs, jerky, pasta, salsas, fish, natural soaps, and much more.
7. Home to tons of restaurants, shops and entertainment, Canton has more than 300 shops along the DDA District off Ford Rd. alone. Whatever you’re looking for — sports venues, motels, apartments, retail shops, department stores, and of course, IKEA — it’s there!
Canton residents: Why do you love your city? Please share with us in the comments!