It can be overwhelming to start the search for a new home. However, if you create a list of what you’re looking for and the price range you can afford, it can be easier to narrow down your search and get into your next house more quickly.
What should be on this list?
- Ideally, where would you like to live?
- Would you be okay with living on a busy street? Cul-de-sac? Large lot?
- Do you want to live in the suburbs? Country? Urban area?
- What type of floorplan works for you and your family?
- Do you need a home with only one floor or will you consider multiple stories?
- Does the master bedroom need to be close by the other bedrooms?
- How many bedrooms are ideal? How many bathrooms?
- Do you need extra rooms for hobbies?
- What should the interior look like?
- Are you willing to fix up the “right” home?
- Is a garage a “need” to add to your list?
- Would a carport or shed work instead of a garage?
- There are always things you don’t absolutely need, but would be desirable in a new home
- Include these on your list as well — you never know what’s available in the market until you start looking!
When buying a home, there are also other factors to consider, such as the feeling you get inside the house and specific interior finishes — which should play a part in the decision process as well.
Thinking about buying a new home? Check out our website for more on our brand-new, highly affordable homes in Michigan.